Praise for The Secret to Tender Pie
- "The Secret to Tender Pie is jam-packed with gustary delights
from grandma's kitchen."
— John Darcy, Peekskill Herald
- "This delightful book of memories and photographs will
remind you of who you are, and of what is important to your
family's collective history."
— Lucy Perez, Kattering Ohio Times
- "Not only is the book a lovely keepsake of the recipes
collected by the author from many donors, but also, with
almost every grandmother photographed, it is a record of the
first sixty years of the twentieth century."
— Ann Harwood, Ala Carte in New Jersey Packet
- "I hope this book will remind mothers and aunts, fathers and
uncles to write down their prized recipes and pass them on to
— Donna Segal, Indianapolis Star
- "Bessie B. Cecil. Her home cooking inspired her
granddaughter to write a recipe book."
— Molly Dugan, Sacramento Bee
- "[Tender Pie is] a book of memories, treasured old
photographs of grandmothers in their younger days and their
— Vivian Taylor, Fresno Bee
- "This is exactly what Mindy Marin has done in her book The
Secret to Tender Pie, as she pays homage to the women who
molded and nourished generation after generation of
— Sophia Bicos, Pasadena Weekly
- "Comfort-food lovers will drool over this quaint, handsome and
high-cal collection of favorite recipes from grandmothers across
— Paula Chun, People Weekly
- "It's a compilation of family photos and personal histories,
lovingly shared among the generations. It's a lot like looking
through a family scrapbook with the recipes tucked in."
— Sue Sherman, Tempo
- "Tender Pie is casting director Mindy Marin's compilation of
recipes for Grandma's old-fashioned comfort food."
— In Style Magazine
- "A valentine to the grandmothers of the world."
— LA Times Newsbites
- "Grandmothers' cuisine lives on in grandchildren's memories
more for the affection expressed through the food than for the
— Mark Knoblauch,
- "This book strikes at the heart from the moment the dedication
page appears from author Mindy Marin: 'For my grandma, Bessie
— Craig Reem, OC Metro
- "The little book is a treasure from a time when fast food hadn't
been invented and love was a main ingredient."
— Julie Muhlstein, Everett Washington Herald
- "This is a book that celebrates two of life's treasures:
grandmothers and good cooking."
— Knight-Ridder news service
- For more about Tender Pie, please see Publishing.